Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1925

I was inspired by Ashelyn's comment that She would have married some soldier post WWII (view blog) to ponder on when I should have been born. More truthfully, how I would've lived if i was born in the 30's and 40's.

Awkwardly, I would want to be born in 1925, so that I could enlist in the American Army at the start of the War to End All Wars. After goin through my basic training, I would learn how to jump out of airplanes and soon be attached to the 101st Screaming Eagles, I would have been there in Normandy to invade, and spend the war in battle torn Europe.

Back home, I would find a sweet young lady that can cook and clean, and I would marry her. Using my newly enacted G.I. Bill to go to school. (who would have thought the government would pay me to go to school?) By the heighth of the Cold War, I would be recruited out of my college to work for the new government agency called the CIA.

I would have had a bunker in the backyard.

I would wear my fedora and horned rim glasses.

My record player would have the Rat Pack, and Ray Charles. Elvis would have been to hard for me to grow accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment