Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Many months ago I was standing in a formation in front of my family, I hoped they got goosebumps  as I did when the commander rolled up the unit flag "it will stay that way until they start their mission" noted the narrator.

Yesterday, I saw this action come full circle as I stood, in the middle of a formation, in a gym with not even ten spectators. Even with the minimal on-lookers, we still went through the Pomp and Circumstance that you would expect a military ceremony to have. The one difference was that the unit we replaced rolled up their flag, and we unrolled our flag.

It literally happened over night, as if the night gnomes navigated their way into our operating area and changed all of the signage and flair. The TOC went from a room of Mcdonalds scheme of red orange and yellow, to a subtle Blue and white, the color of our Double Diamonds we wear on our shoulder. Now I am not longer a foreigner tip-toeing around someone else's house. It is my house, it is my mission. I own it. And own it I will, untill the send another group of soldiers here to unfurl their flag and post their colors where we stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment