Friday, August 10, 2012

Pier

I was going to bore you with a monolouge that seemed to come from J. R. R. Tolkien. (honestly describe a valley with three pages?! ridiculous) My monolouge was going to be a vague reference to my working area here. Lucky for you all, Mitchell took me to the Piers today. Now, I have something to talk about. Thank him later.

We live like 30 minutes from the beach, but you wouldn't believe it if you were here, its too dry and hot and well deserty. I had a day off and Mitchel used it to his advantage, claiming there is rare communication systems to be seen on the boat, we easily got a pass out side the wire.  Plus side was we needed to be in casual clothing BONUS!

It was a short day, so we weren't in too much trouble. We played on a beach, got sand in between the toes, felt the warm water of the the Gulf. We went into the market place and mingled, found a few stores and bought a few things (I found a replica Omega watch that was too good to pass up, it is James Bond's watch after all)

Now to fully appreciate what had transpired, you must know three things about me.
1) I cooked for a living in Utah.

2) I struggled with the concept of eating Hummus until I went to Mazzo a few months ago, and with Ashelyn to draw strength from, tried Hummus and Grape Leaves for the first time citing "when in Rome...."

3) I ate Oysters with my sister in February, drawing strength from Lacie, I slurped down my first round of Oyster, citing "when in Rome...."

Now that these key things are known about me, we fast forward to the Middle Eastern man slicing chunks of chicken off a rotisserie and mixing herbs into in.... Oh did I forget he was bare handed? Well the thing he was making is called a Shiwarma, Its a pita bread taco with panini grill lines and herbs inside. Add the potato/chili paste/ mayo dipping sauce and you got an authentic fast food treat. So what do you do as you look at the concoction?

When in Rome you say as you step up and struggle through the Language barrier. Then you sit down and try your meal, Is it Good? That's for you to experience, When in Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment