Saturday, September 29, 2012

Here's to you, My Love

When my kids ask how some joe smo like me managed to snag a fox like they're mother, I suppose some part of that conversation has to bring up the night we went topless.

I was bragging about driving home from work topless for what seemed like 2 months, and the only one that would actually listen to me was the baker.  We worked together and she seemed to be the only one that listened. I believe Teresa got sick of me talking about my mustang every day, because one day she “volun-Told” me to ask Ashelyn out for a drive; she noted that Ashelyn typically stays home and would love some adventure.

I don’t what I said, or how many times I asked, but I do know she said she would go on a drive with me. I spent the afternoon after work trying to clean up and look descent, but not too pathetic (I cry a little bit when I go to Tyler’s room, there is clean, then there is I-am-a-serial-killer clean).

I remember waiting forever while she did "Stuff." I secretly thought it was her way of telling me she wasn't interested, but I persisted.  Finally I was able to pick her up at the gym near my house, because I wasn't cool enough to put the charms are her family...yet. We drove around the city and I kept thinking to myself  "Self, when is this drive too long?" I was worried that all she would say about our adventure was that I was indecisive with the radio and it lasted too long. When I dropped her off, We hugged good bye and went our separate ways.

Whatever I did, I did correctly because we had several topless trip in my car, a drive to Wendover, some movie experiences and of course, cooking at home. We are now looking toward our first child being born and a whole lot of "Firsts" As for the "First Year" I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Here's you My Love and to the many more Adventures throughout our life Ashelyn!!


Our New Years kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment