Saturday, July 28, 2012

TIMING?

So in all of sci-fi geekdom, we know that time and space are just relative terms. That means that they are not constant and consistant as we think, its all about where you are and how you look at things. Real world disagrees with this only because we cannot space travel yet (that is the pinnacle of applications for the space/time continum) Well, I have found a place where time has been altered, right here on Earth.

As you may guess by my previous blogs, I am outside the United States. Don't be alarmed, I'm still alive. In this place that I am in, you have to be really careful about the time, because it is different then it would be in America. I don't just mean and 9 hours and tada! you have the time, remember Time is relative. Out here its a little different. Firstly, our housing doesn't have windows, that way if you are night shift, you aren't bombarded by the sun as you sleep. Which brings me a to my next strange dealings. When I wake up before the sun rises in Utah, that typically means I wake up at 5 AM in the summer (9 AM in winter?) I walk out of my housing today at 0500  and the sun was already beating down on us like "Hello! Are you finally awake and ready to go?" Out here in the vortex of time, It seems as the the daylight hours are longer, which provides more time for you to enjoy the heat (might I add, it feels like I'm standing in front of an oven when I'm outside). Soon enough I'll be done with this place and back to where Time marches to a steady beat. Until then, I will enjoy contemplating this Time/Space shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment