Sunday, December 23, 2012

Home Substitutes

While away on my long adventures, I have seen people get packages with items that make this place feel like home. Mitchell gets a box of food that look like it came from the Asian market (seriously, i didn't know they had shrimp chips). Coon gets clothes from American Eagle so he can dress like he did back home. I have a slightly skewed way of looking at things, I try to find things here that remind me of home. It is far cheaper, and easily accessible. Like the Lavender smelling dryer sheets so my bedding smells like a field of flowers (I have a lot of girls in my life OK?), but i think the cleverest ideas came from the Dining Facility. To the novice looker, I just ordered a grilled/boiled chicken breast with a side of broccoli and cheese. when I combined these items together and close my eyes. . . . BAM! I am back in the Sandy house on a Sunday afternoon with dad making Chicken Di Van, 6 chicken breasts because his son will eat two of them! The latest concoction of home loving came when I was craving the fried potato wedges and baked beans combo. Too easy, Chicken breast again, side of fries, side of baked beans add barbeque sauce. When I eat this, I am transported to the countless times we tried to sneak our way over the the frying pan to eat some potatoes. I have found the solution for recreating all of my home, but the subtle substitute keep me sane while I am away.

1 comment:

  1. Well...I know what we will be cooking when you get home!!!

    I miss you brudder!

    ReplyDelete