Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Missing: The otter half

There is a strange sensation I get, it occurs more frequently now, that makes my heart feel heavy and my body feel like lead. I get this sensation when my body tries to snap me back into reality and the realization that I am not with you. Every now and then when my day has died down, when I smell something familiar, or just randomly throughout the day; my mind sends me to another time and place where I am with you and we are happy together. I faintly remember how it feels to have you laying on my chest, or in my arms. If I think real hard with my eyes shut, I can feel the kiss we had in the elevator so long ago. I love these moments; however, as hard as it is to grasp them, it is that much harder to keep them. Then suddenly, my heart sinks and I realize I am here and you are there.

Missing: my other half


No comments:

Post a Comment