Monday, March 18, 2013

Lists

Everyone who has met my mother knows she loves lists and calendars. Back before Facebook made it possible to invite everyone to Thanksgiving, mom had a physical calendar with her own organization system. Gold stars were for days off, Silver for paydays, Green for nail appointments; you get the idea. ~With the advent of the Google Calendar, it has been a slow transition to a digital world.

I inherited her affinity to lists and calendars.

I didn't realize how useful calendar and lists are until I started real life. Most days were a carbon copy of the last (school 5 days a week turned into work 5 days a week). Now I have appointments to handle and people to meet at specific times, thing to carry around and notes to write down Oi Ve! I need organization!

In leu of this revelation, I have a list of things to do when I am home. (I will censor it for the sake of my wife)

1.  Kiss my wife
2.  Meet my 5 month old daughter
3.  Shower and Shave
4.  Eat sushi
5.  Eat food
6.  Nap
7.  Movies!!
8.  Extended Family time
9.  Find a Job
10. Enroll in College


 

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully I can help with #9 if you want me to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not...you can be honest!!!

      Delete
    2. Mrs. T, You know I will work for you, but will still need that six-figure job!

      Delete