Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Convoy?

I was so excited about yesterdays adventures, I need to share it with my Blogosphere! As everyone knows that reads this on a consist basis, I have been in Texas for the last month getting ready to head out into "the sandbox." A lot of the training has been class work and study. Yesterday, I did things a little different.

Meet Rocko and Bull





These two handsome vechiles are the newest craze in the Army. both are mine/IED resistant, completely are armored, go anywhere you need them, and have their own Life support system in case of a chemical attack.

More Images



I Got to play with Rocko and Bull, along with a few of their friends. The Army viewed it as training us to look for sign of explosives while driving in convoys. I saw this as a day of off-roading. Mother nature was even kind enough to have it rain all night prior, so we had plenty of mud and puddles to climb through, and by the end of the night we were MUDDY.

The next day, we started a more "life-like" We drove around the back of Fort Hood to simulate a convoy. I was placed in lead car, Gunner seat (the Turret up top) it was fun to be standing in a moving vechile after all those years that mom never let me. 

Army gives you many opportunities to full fill your childhood dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment